Tanin Auto Electronix offers repair services for 2003 – 2007 Porsche Cayenne and Volkswagen Touareg instrument clusters. Find them both at these links:
In order for us to repair the cluster, customers have to send them in to us and make sure they are removed correctly and shipped properly so that the cluster is not damaged on its way to us.
Here are some instructions for removing the instrument cluster:
First, remove left dash cover. Switch off ignition and remove the ignition key.
- Use a plastic spatula to unclip the trim panel-a- from the upper cover at the left and the right.
- Unscrew the two fastening screws-1- for cover of instrument cluster
- Unscrew fastening screws for instrument cluster-2-
- Press in the dashboard insert (cover for instrument cluster) at the side to unclip-Arrows A-, lift the front slightly- Arrow B- and unscrew the fastening screw-3-
- First pull the cover for the instrument cluster-b- to the rear- Arrow A- then remove it upwards- Arrow B.
- Pull forward instrument cluster and fold forward.
- Fold up locking mechanism- B- and pull off connectors-A.
- Remove the instrument cluster.
- Package as directed on our website for shipping instructions.