How do I remove the climate control from my 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette?
We have seen some great tips in car forums like Smokinvette.com explaining climate control removal, so we wanted to share here and help customers looking to remove their climate controls themselves before sending in to us for repair.
- You will first want to take out the four torx 15 bolts in the armrest and remove it from the vehicle.
- Next, take off the traction control panel. This should come off easily. Two 10mm nuts will be holding the main console down. Remove the nuts and then disconnect the arm rest cigarette lighter wires.
- Now you can remove the small plastic vent that is to the left of the ignition key. You will find a torx 15 screw behind it, so remove this too, using the tip of a flat blade screwdriver so as not to damage the element behind the vent.
- There are 2 torx 15 screws in the ash tray.
- Lift the E-brake back and carefully pull the main console up until it clears the arm rest. You should be able to remove the center console piece and set it somewhere safe, away from the work area.
- Then remove the two 7mm bolts that hold the HVAC control panel to the sub frame.
Now that it is removed, you can send it to us for repair. Tanin Auto Electronix offers a 1997 – 2004 Chevy Corvette Climate Control Repair Service . Visit our website to learn more about the service. Feel free to contact us with any questions on the removal or repair service. Our techs will be happy to assist you! Call us at 262-456-4147.